SCHEDULE & IMPORTANT INFO
First and foremost, Thank You immensely for your support and participation, whether as a coach, team, or competitor. It is great to be back organizing our event.
SCHEDULE, BRACKETS, AND MATS
The schedule is subject to changes until Friday. Please double-check by using your Smoothcomp access.
We tried to allocate everyone in brackets. If you still don’t have anyone in your bracket or didn’t cancel your registration following the instructions found on our registration page before the REGISTRATION CHECK DAY, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to guarantee your spot in our next event free of charge. We will issue a Credit Coupon that you will see under your Account Info on Smoothcomp.
USE YOUR SMOOTHCOMP LOG IN ACCESS TO MONITOR IN REAL-TIME SCHEDULE ON YOUR SMARTPHONE
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT KIDS DIVISIONS Some kids were grouped together between the 6-7,8-9 and 10-12, but we made sure that there would be only 2-3 years difference, and most of all, never mismatching weight categories. We might have also combined belts. I.e., White/Gray, or Gray/Yellow, etc.
There will be a designated area with a sign for you to locate the scales. You can weigh in as soon as you arrive or before your first match. Athletes not weighed in will not be able to compete. The weigh-in station will be available from 9 am and on. Athletes must weigh in with Gi and belt on; we will allow one pound. Athletes competing GI and NoGi will weigh in one time only with the Gi. NoGi-only competitors should weigh in also before competing.
- PLEASE ARRIVE 60 mins before your first match. Divisions might start earlier. Enter the building 30 mins before the start of your division
- WE WILL NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO ANY BRACKETS ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT. NO CATEGORY CHANGES WILL BE ALLOWED PAST THE ATHLETE’S CORRECTION DEADLINE.
- No rash guards or shirts underneath the Gi for Male Divisions
- No groin protection
- No hard braces or lateral support
- Adult and Juvenile females must wear rash-guard or sports bra.
- Kids & Junior girls must wear a T-Shirt or Rash Guard underneath the Gi.
- No coaches or spectators are allowed inside the fenced areas
- We will DQ any competitor or team in case of lack of sportsmanship
- We will follow the IBJJF rules for all categories. There is NO Rules meeting
- Doors open at 9 am
- The first matches will start at 10 am
USE YOUR SMOOTHCOMP LOGIN ACCESS TO MONITOR IN REAL-TIME YOUR SCHEDULE ON YOUR SMARTPHONE
By attending this event, competitors and spectators agree, understand, and assume all the risks involved with COVID transmission. We are taking all the necessary measures under our control following the CDC guidelines.
- Please do not attend this event if you have any symptoms associated with or a sign of COVID infection.
- Do not attend if you contacted any person(s) who recently tested positive for COVID.
- The use of masks and social distancing is not required but recommended as per the Connecticut State Health Guidelines.
- Competitors should only remove their face masks while competing.
- Please leave the venue immediately after your division is over/or after you receive your medal.
- Use the Smoothcomp App to monitor the schedule.
- Please, enter the building only 30-45 before the start of your division.
- Spectators are allowed. Review the CDC guidelines
SPECTATORS & COACHES
- Spectators’ admission is $15 per person above 12 yo paid at the door in cash only
- We allow one free admission for each Team’s Coach only. Teams with more than 15 competitors can bring two coaches.