SCHEDULE & IMPORTANT INFO DUE TO THE HIGH NUMBER OF COMPETITORS, THE EVENT WILL START EARLIER AT 9 AM
First and foremost Thank You immensely for your support and participation whether as a coach, team, or competitor. It is great to be back organizing our event.
We apologize for the delay in sending the schedule. We had to add more mat areas to make sure we could follow the CT COVID Regulations, avoiding too many people waiting for matches inside the venue.
SCHEDULE, BRACKETS, AND MATS
We tried to allocate everyone in brackets. If you still don’t have anyone in your bracket, or if you didn’t cancel your registration following the instructions found in our registration page before the REGISTRATION CHECK DAY, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to guarantee your spot in our next event free of charge. We will issue a Credit Coupon that you will be able to see under your Account Info on Smoothcomp.
USE YOUR SMOOTHCOMP LOG IN ACCESS TO MONITOR IN REAL-TIME YOUR SCHEDULE ON YOUR SMARTPHONE
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT KIDS DIVISIONS Some kids were group together between the 7-9 and 10-12 but we made sure that there would be only 2-3 years difference, and most of all, never mismatching weight categories. We might have also combined belts. I.e.: White/Gray, or Gray/Yellow, etc.
There will be a designated area with a sign for you to locate the scale. You can weigh in as soon as you arrive, or before your first match. Athletes not weighed in will not be able to compete. The weigh-in station will be available from 8:30 am and on. Athletes must weigh in with Gi and belt on, we will allow two pounds. Athletes competing GI and NoGi will weigh in one time only with the Gi. NoGi only competitors should weigh in also before competing.
- PLEASE ARRIVE 60 mins before your first match. Divisions might start earlier. Enter the building 30 mins before the start of your division
- DUE TO THE CURRENT RESTRICTIONS, WE WILL NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO ANY BRACKETS ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT. NO CATEGORY CHANGES WILL BE ALLOWED.
- No rash guards or shirts underneath the Gi for Male Divisions
- No groin protection
- No hard braces or with lateral support
- Adult and Juvenile females must wear rash guard or sports bra.
- Kids & Junior girls must wear T-Shirt or Rash Guard underneath the Gi.
- No coaches or spectators are allowed inside the fenced areas
- We will DQ any competitor, or team in case of lack of sportsmanship
- We will follow the IBJJF rules for all categories. There is NO Rules meeting
- Doors open at 8 am
- The first matches will start at 9 am
USE YOUR SMOOTHCOMP LOGIN ACCESS TO MONITOR IN REAL-TIME YOUR SCHEDULE ON YOUR SMARTPHONE SPECTATORS & COACHES
- Spectators admission is $10 per person above 10yo paid at the door cash only
- Adults can bring only ONE spectator
- Kids and Teens are allowed to bring TWO spectators
- We allow one free admission for each Team’s Coach only. Teams with more than 15 competitors can bring two coaches
By attending this event, competitors and spectators agree and understand the risks involved with COVID transmission. We are taking all the necessary measures under our control following the CDC guidelines. Please do not attend this event if you have any symptoms associated with or a sign of COVID infection. Also, do not attend if you contacted any person(s) who recently tested positive for COVID. Use of masks and social distancing are mandatory as per the Connecticut State Health Guidelines. Competitors should only remove their face masks while competing. You must have your temperature checked upon entry. Please leave the venue immediately after your division is over. If you are competing in multiple divisions with at least 60 minutes break between each, please exit the building and use the Smoothcomp App to monitor the schedule. Please, enter the building only 30-45 before the start of your division.